Please join me in making a donation to support UofL’s Sustainability Initiatives during today’s Day of Giving! Any amount helps. https://louisville.scalefunder.com/gday/giving-day/3239/department/3510
The University of Louisville is committed to integrating sustainability into everything we do – from how we manage our facilities, finances and people to what we teach in the classroom and what we research in the lab. Our vision is to create a university that is itself a living laboratory for sustainability and a campus community that leads by example and educates as much by what we do as by what we say. Our goal is to make decisions which reflect a balanced consideration for environmental, social and economic responsibility and to continually learn as we go.
Your donations can help us realize this vision by supporting initiatives such as:
- On-campus Sustainability Internships for UofL students to gain experience as change agents;
- Efforts to make UofL even more Bike-Friendly, such as the Earn-A-Bike Program which offers vouchers to local bike shops for those willing to give up their right to a UofL parking permit for at least two years;
- UofL’s Community Composting Project and the UofL Free Store which leverage volunteer power to turn “trash” into treasure;
- On-campus Renewable Energy projects, like our Solar Umbrella Charging Station, which demonstrate green power in action; and
- Organic, campus Food Gardens where students, faculty, and staff can build community and vital life skills while experiencing the unique pleasures of turning tiny seeds into delicious, hyper-local produce.
We invite you to learn more about our on-going UofL sustainability initiatives and to explore the many ways you can get involved and help us create a better world right here, right now.
The heart of Card Nation beats strong.
Become a bigger part of the pulse.