Monday, Nov. 21st, 1:00-2:30pm in Ekstrom Library W210
The Campus Tree Advisory Committee is open to all employees, students & community members interested in helping UofL protect & expand our tree population. We meet just once a semester. The agenda includes:
- Updates: recent tree plantings, removals and maintenance plans (Greg & Aaron)
- Should we reapply? Plant for the Planet grant(LG&E offers one-year grants of $500 to $5000) – Due Dec. 1st
- Plan for a 2017 UofL Arbor Day Observance (Justin)
– Perhaps Friday, April 7th (Kentucky’s official Arbor Day)?
– Potential ceremonial tree planting at a Campus Housing location? (Micahia)
- Planning for tree-related Service Learning Projects (Linda, Russ, Margaret, Shelby/Jhana/Olivia, others?)
– Planning for 2017 Maple-Tapping with BIOL labs (Linda, Dave)
– Any other classes on offer which are/could integrate tree-related service learning?
– ELSB Green Initiatives has done a great job getting students to participate in Citizen Forestry Training with Louisville Grows. All UofL folks are encouraged to get involved in Love Louisville Trees. They have scheduled:
Saturday, November 19th, 10am – 2pm – Fall Fruit Tree Pruning Volunteer Event
Saturday, December 3rd, 10am – 2pm – Beechmont Neighborhood Tree Planting (150 trees)
Saturday, March 18, 2017, 10am – 3pm – California Neighborhood Tree Planting (170 trees)
- Updates/Maintenance of Belknap Tree Tour (Niki)
- Update on Campus Tree Inventory & UofL Tree App (Bob)
- Reminder of reporting needs for 2016 Tree Campus USA application (Justin)
- Other items? Contact the Chair, Justin Mog at email@example.com
Connect with us on Facebook.