IT’S SUSTAINABILITY WEEK!
Oct. 17-23, 2016!
During the month of October, higher education in the United States celebrates Campus Sustainability Month. This month long celebration grew as an extension of Sustainability Week which was first organized in October 2003 by the Society for College and University Planning.
This week, the University of Louisville will join the nation in this celebration! Read our newsletter to learn more about Sustainability Week and find out how to participate in the great Sustainability Week events here at UofL!
Here is a full list of events for the week:
- Monday-Tuesday Oct. 17-18, 11am-2pm – Weigh the Waste (The Ville Grill)
- Monday Oct. 17, 6-8pm – Trick or Trivia with Animal Welfare (Red Barn)
- Monday Oct. 17, 6:30-7:30pm – Campus Sustainability Tour (Leaves from College of Business)
- Tuesday, Oct. 18, all day – (designate your gift to the ““)
- Tuesday, Oct. 18, 9:30am – Islam and Climate Change (HSC School of Public Health & Information Sciences, Conf. Rm 001)
- Tuesday, Oct. 18, noon – Diversity Dialogue Series: “Equity vs. Equality” (Cultural Center)
- Tuesday, Oct. 18, 4-6pm – Bike Maintenance Workshop at HSC (HSC Kornhauser Plaza)
- Tuesday, Oct. 18, 6:30-8pm – Race, Place and Perceptions: Making Louisville Home for Us All(Cultural Center)
- Tuesday, Oct. 18, 7-8:30pm – Campus Cardinal Debate (Ekstrom, Chao Auditorium)
- Wednesday, Oct. 19, 10am-2pm – Campus Sustainability Day Fair (Humanities Quad)
- Wednesday, Oct. 19, 11am-2pm – UofL Free Store (Unitas Tower)
- Wednesday-Thursday, Oct. 19-20, 11am-2pm – Local Food Showcase – UofL Dining will be highlighting one menu item per station that was locally sourced or Kentucky Proud (The Ville Grill)
- Wednesday, Oct. 19, 11am-1pm – Non-Profit Fair (Red Barn)
- Wednesday, Oct. 19, 6pm-8pm – (start: outside Univ. Club / end: The Tavern at 4th & Gaulbert) @ UofL
- Thursday, Oct. 20, 10:30am–2pm – Gray Street Farmers’ Market (HSC)
- Thursday, Oct. 20, noon – QRS Single-Stream Recycling Center Tour (registration required: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Thursday, Oct. 20, 4-6pm – National Reuse Day: Bike Maintenance Workshop (Humanities Quad)
- Friday, Oct. 21, Noon – EcoReps Lunch & Learn: Sustainability at UofL (Ekstrom Library W210)
- Friday, Oct. 21, 2-3pm – Garlic Planting Day! Garden Commons Workshop & Workday (Cultural Center)
- Friday, Oct. 21, 4pm – Seminar: Billions and billions of molecules: Exploring chemical space (Shumaker Research Building 139)
- Friday-Sunday, Oct. 21-23 – Kentucky Student Environmental Coalition (KSEC) Fall Summit, Belknap Campus
- Saturday, Oct. 22, 10am-1pm – Jane Jacobs Walk: Portland (Leaves from Portland Branch Library, 3305 Northwestern Pkwy)
- Saturday, Oct. 22, 10am-2pm – Citizen Forestry Training 101 (Beechmont Community Center, 205 W Wellington Ave)
- Sunday, Oct. 23, Noon-2pm – UofL Community Composting Volunteer Day (200 block of E. Bloom St. just one block north of Cardinal Blvd. between Brook and Floyd Streets – map here)